There are thousands of lawyers and hundreds of law firm in India. And yet, our legal system is not considered the best. However, there are a few law firm that have established themselves as the best law firm of the country and the world.
And, their strenght lies in understanding the clients and gaining attention of the new ones while keeping a robust trusted clientele. So, how do they do it? Let’s find out…
Essential tips for becoming the best law firm in India
Wanting to become the best law firm in India you must be aware of the financial developments of the country and need to be well updated on the latest news in the Indian and global economic area.
“Pretty much in any profession, what separates the very best from the rest is a combination of exceptional skills, tireless work ethic, grit/never quit attitude, great team members, and luck. It’s no different with the practice of law.”Oliver J. Armas, Global Head of International Arbitration at Hogan Lovells
Bookkeeping is a good place to start. Bookkeeping to be as productive as possible and to provide best client servicing. Using the technology as your best tool and opportunities for you to create the most efficient and successful law firm.
Employing the right people in your firm
Find the right people to work in your law firm. Loyalty is a very important personality the staff in your firm should have. The things your law firm works with should be dealt with absolute loyalty as to not get messy.
Your law firm needs to be very wise in picking the people of their choice and don’t hold on to workers who do not fear not performing well. It is very easily seen when staff like that exists and that is what drags everyone else down.
The managements of these firms should know every staff member who doesn’t fit in or is not doing well is costing money and probably damaging your firm’s reputation as well.
1) Organizing files and using cloud based software
- It helps the lawyers working in the particular Indian law firm become more organized and increases professionalism to provide the very best service to their clients.
- Organizing files from the start will allow the lawyer to know exactly what needs to be updated. This saves your time and money of the clients who came for your help.
- It ensures the sharing of the documents safely without making any mistakes or jumbling them up.
- Using the necessary software allows you to have access to the information of your cases anywhere, even if you are out of office.
2) Keeping the important cases first
- There are many cases which you have to complete, but keeping the necessary cases first ensures that you are mindful of what is more crucial to be completed.
- Keeping schedule of all the important dates and meeting all the deadlines. It also increases your firm’s productivity and time for more cases to come.
3) Exchanging feedback
- Taking with your clients helps you to know where you need to make changes and improve your firm. When you hear the thoughts of your clients you will also learn to carry out your tasks better and effectively.
- Include the thoughts of your clients and their experience of working with you in your website for the people reading it.
- Negotiations: the best law firms are not called the best for their draftings or documenting skills alone, but also by their speaking and solving skills and how they put across their point onto the person on the other side of the table.
4) Increase the digital medium to communicate
- Updating the social media weekly to increase the engagement to let people know about your firm. The people spends most of their time on social media this is the best to have their attention. Providing the essential information about your law firm.
- Creating content on your page and blogs are a very helpful way to attract the audience and eventually making them your clients.
- The commercial intentions: an understanding on the economical on goings will help you to price your service right. By knowing this you can put yourself in the legal market place. You will never fail to win the expectation of your client.
5) Understanding that building the best law firm in India takes time
- Dedicating your time and energy to build the best law firm in India and being patient with your progress.
- Sharing the strategies with your lawyers, assistants, and clients for a better vision of the work they are going to be apart of.
Here is an infographic for you to explain this better:
Becoming the best law firm in India in this era of globalization with increased competition in the market and ways of the economy. India is evolving and so is the entire law system. Despite this, to keep climbing despite all the challenges and stones on the way.
Being dedicated and helping people, that is what will make you the best law firm in India. Wanting to become the best law firm is to face heads on with new challenges. A good law firm is trusted with new tasks and opportunities.
Facing heads on with new challenges, making constant efforts and planning systematic work will help you climb up.